The Clearwater catastrophic injury lawyers at Roman & Gaynor are fierce advocates for the rights of seriously injured accident victims. If you’ve been hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness, you deserve to have someone on your side who will fight to maximize your recovery from the responsible party.
While nothing can ever make right the wrong that has been done to you, a fair settlement or verdict can ease the burdens caused by expensive medical bills and lost wages and compensate for your emotional and physical pain and suffering.
Why Choose Roman & Gaynor?
- More than 60 years of combined experience
- No fees unless we win your case
- Free initial case evaluations within 24 hours of your call
- We’ll meet with you wherever it’s most convenient
- Board Certified Civil Litigation Experts
Get immediate help when you call (727) 877-1212.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Preventable accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, all of which have the potential to create physical, financial, and emotional repercussions. However, in the context of personal injury law, more serious injuries are often deemed “catastrophic.”
Not only are catastrophic injuries characterized by severe physical trauma and the need for serious and/or long-term medical care, but they also deeply affect the financial and emotional well-being of victims and their loved ones.
Catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of hearing or eyesight
- Severe burn injuries
If you have been hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible for compensation. It is important to get in touch with an attorney at our firm to schedule an initial consultation. During this meeting, we can discuss the facts of your case, who can be held liable for your injuries, and how best to proceed with your case. Rest assured that when you hire us, we will work hard to protect your best interests.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injury
Catastrophic injuries can result from many different types of accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Severe slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bus accidents
Damages in Catastrophic Injury Cases
In many cases where we have represented catastrophically injured victims, we have obtained significant sums in settlements and verdicts, including hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation and even multi-million dollar recoveries. These large figures not only speak to the experience and talent of our legal team, but also to the substantial damages suffered by victims who suffer the most profound harms and losses.
When injuries are catastrophic or permanent in nature, economic and non-economic damages increase dramatically. This is due to a number of factors:
- Economic damages – Catastrophically injured victims face tremendous financial burdens following their accidents and injuries. These include extensive medical expenses associated with required treatment, which often includes surgery, multiple procedures, and long-term treatment. Economic damages are also driven by victims’ lost income, which can be caused by missing considerable time from work, or from diminished earning potential when victims are unable to perform the type of work they did prior to an accident or any type of work whatsoever.
- Non-economic damages – Aside from financial costs associated with injuries and lost income, catastrophically injured victims also suffer profound non-economic damages. These include pain and suffering, and the emotional injuries that accompany a significant loss in enjoyment or quality of life. Life-altering injuries not only change the future for victims, but also the futures of their families. As such, damages may also be awarded to family members who suffer loss of consortium and support from their catastrophically injured loved ones.
- Future damages – Future damages are a defining aspect of catastrophic injuries. This is because victims often have long-term if not life-long needs and losses. Among these are the need for future medical treatment, daily assistive care, and future pain and suffering. Additionally, victims can recover future lost wages associated with their inability to work or earn a substantial living.
Our legal team at Roman & Gaynor understands the profound impact of catastrophic injuries, as well as the elevated needs of victims and their families. As such, we fight aggressively to help victims with serious injuries and considerable future needs secure the full amount of compensation they deserve. To learn more about pursuing a personal injury claim following any type of serious injury, call us for a free consultation.
Relentlessly Pursuing Justice for the Catastrophically Injured
Roman & Gaynor has an outstanding record of success when it comes to catastrophic personal injury cases. A few of our past successes include:
- $4,356,000.00 for a South Florida traumatic brain injury victim
- $2,700,000.00 for a husband and wife after a serious truck accident
- $1,175,000.00 for a New Port Richey traumatic brain injury victim
When a person is catastrophically hurt, financial stress is almost sure to follow. If an injury has prevented you from working and your medical bills are piling up, there is no time to waste in contacting a lawyer who can fight for your right to compensation.
You have suffered enough and should not have to continue suffering financially for months or even years after an accident. Our team at Roman & Gaynor stands ready to help you hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence.
Contact our catastrophic injury lawyers in Clearwater to learn more about your rights and options: (727) 877-1212.