New Port Richey Car Accident Lawyer
You may be entitled to compensation if you have recently been injured in a car accident in New Port Richey, FL. The experienced New Port Richey car accident lawyers at Roman & Gaynor can help you maximize your financial recovery. Contact us today at 727-815-8442. Your first consultation is free.
At-fault parties may be liable for the cost of your medical care, lost wages, and the suffering you’ve endured.
Our legal team has 60+ years of combined experience and has successfully recovered more than $100 million in settlements and verdicts for injury victims just like you.
Our Board Certified Civil Litigation Specialists Are Here to Fight For You After a New Port Richey Crash
While you may have the right to pursue compensation after a motor vehicle accident in New Port Richey, getting money in your hands is not always as easy as it should be. Insurance companies will fight you every step of the way – they might even try to blame you for getting hurt.
Hiring an attorney can level the playing field. Getting the New Port Richey personal injury lawyers from Roman & Gaynor in your corner can tip the scales in your favor.
Founding attorneys Mark S. Roman and Morgan Gaynor are Board Certified civil trial specialists – something only 1.2% of attorneys in the state of Florida can say. This means that Roman & Gaynor has extensive experience handling complex personal injury cases inside and outside of the courtroom, and a demonstrated ability to secure favorable outcomes for our clients.
Our reputation precedes us, which means that insurance companies will take notice when they see that we’re on the other side of the negotiating table.
That can be a huge asset to you – and encourage a swift and substantial settlement – from the start.
When you hire our law firm after a car accident in New Port Richey, expect us to:
- Treat you with respect and give your case the time and attention it deserves
- Coordinate and oversee an in-depth investigation into your car accident to gather evidence, determine causation, and establish liability
- Work closely with accident experts and injury specialists throughout the process, especially as we work to calculate what your case is worth
- Neutralize efforts to shift blame to you
- Negotiate with insurance providers and negligent parties on your behalf
- Litigate your case before a jury, if necessary
Since 1996, Roman & Gaynor has been standing up and fighting alongside car accident victims in and around New Port Richey, Florida. We’re here to help you, too. Give us a call or connect with us online to get started today.
Car Accidents in New Port Richey – Overview and Statistics
New Port Richey, a suburban city northwest of Tampa, has been growing in popularity in recent years. It’s seen significant growth in its population – more than 16,400 people currently call the city home, up from 14,000 in 1990. And, in 2019, New Port Richey and surrounding towns in Pasco County welcomed more than 1 million visitors.
Needless to say, New Port Richey has some heavily traveled roads. Not surprisingly, traffic accidents are fairly common.
There are an average of 21 or 22 car accidents in Pasco County every day. A significant percentage of these collisions result in injury or death.
In 2019, alone, there were:
- 102 fatal collisions, resulting in 103 deaths, and
- 3,809 collisions that resulted in 6,411 injuries.
Most crashes in New Port Richey and Pasco County also cause considerable damage to vehicles and property.
Pasco County Car Accidents Statistics – December 2020 Update
Despite the fact that the nation came to a grinding halt in 2020 because of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, it appears that there was little-to-no impact on the rate of crashes in Pasco County.
Car accident statistics for 2020 show:
- 7,108 collisions
- 95 fatal wrecks resulting in 99 deaths, and
- 3,682 auto accidents that left 6,201 people injured.
We Represent Clients in All Car Accident Injury Cases in New Port Richey
Your choice of attorney matters when you decide to file an injury claim and pursue compensation after an accident.
At Roman & Gaynor, our New Port Richey car accident attorneys have decades of combined experience representing injury victims like you.
No case is too complex or too challenging for our Board Certified attorneys. Call us for assistance if you’ve been affected by any of the following types of car accidents in New Port Richey:
- Head-on collision or frontal collision
- Rear-end crash
- Side-impact or T-bone collision
- Rollover collision
- Single vehicle accident
- Multiple vehicle accident
- Truck accident
- Intersection accident
- Red and yellow light accident
- Accident involving a bicyclist, pedestrian, or motorcyclist
- Hit and run accident
- Accident involving an uninsured or underinsured motorist
- Highway accident
- Fatal car accident
Our compassionate legal team is here to help you understand your rights and options. Give our law office a call to schedule a time to discuss the details of your case at no charge. If you decide to move forward with an insurance claim or lawsuit, know that our firm works on contingency. This means that you pay nothing up front for our legal services. We only get paid if we win your case – meaning that we negotiate a settlement or win a verdict for you at trial. So, there’s no risk in discussing your rights or asking for our help – give us a call to get started now.
Causes of Car Accidents in New Port Richey, FL
Motor vehicle accidents involving cars, trucks, and other motorists in New Port Richey occur every day. These collisions can unfold for a multitude of reasons. Leading causes include any or all of the following:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of a controlled substance
- Fatigued driving
- Driving at night
- Road defects
- Aggressive driving, including tailgating and attempting to beat a red light at an intersection
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Inexperienced drivers
- Vehicle defect, including faulty brakes or defective airbags
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
Determining why your accident happened is critical if you want to recover compensation and maximize your financial award. Our car accident lawyers in New Port Richey, Florida will dig deep to identify all potential factors and, in turn, establish what exactly happened.
With this information, we can move forward with an insurance claim and/or file suit against liable parties.
Avenues For Recovering Compensation After a Car Accident in New Port Richey
There may be several ways for you to obtain a monetary award after you’ve suffered an injury in a crash in New Port Richey. Here’s a quick overview of the options that might be available to you.
Claim for Insurance Benefits
Florida has no-fault insurance rules. All drivers are required to purchase an auto insurance policy before they hit the road – including personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. This coverage is the primary source of compensation after a crash – regardless of who is at fault. In other words, you have to submit a claim with your own insurance provider after an accident first.
When you submit an insurance claim, your insurer is liable up to the limits of your particular auto insurance policy. What happens if your injuries are severe and your costs exceed what your insurer will pay? In that case, you may want to consider filing a claim with a third-party insurer or taking action directly against a negligent party.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Sustaining severe or catastrophic injuries in a New Port Richey car accident can be costly. When your costs exceed insurance policy limits, you can turn your attention to those who are responsible for your injuries and suffering. This could include:
- Drivers of other passenger vehicles on the road
- Motorcycle riders
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Bus drivers
- Mass transit companies
- Electric scooter or moped riders
- Uber and Lyft drivers
- Employers of responsible parties
- Companies responsible for designing or selling a defective vehicle or vehicle components
- Government agencies or entities responsible for road design and maintenance
Under Florida law, you can file a civil personal injury lawsuit and demand compensation from anyone who contributed to your accident.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Were you injured in a car accident while driving for your employer? If so, you may qualify for benefits through your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. These no-fault benefits are typically available regardless of why the accident happened or who’s to blame.
In exchange for workers’ compensation benefits – which offer limited monetary awards for your medical costs and disability – you waive the right to sue your employer.
However, you can still potentially take action against other parties – including other motorists who contributed to the crash.
Roman & Gaynor will work hard to hold all at-fault parties fully accountable for your car accident injuries and resulting costs. Give our attorneys a call to learn more about potential strategies for your case today.
I’m Being Blamed For My Car Accident – How Will That Impact My Case?
Florida has adopted a pure comparative negligence system of fault. This sounds complicated, but it really just means that:
- Anyone who contributes to an accident is apportioned some of the financial responsibility for the consequences, and
- Sharing blame for an accident will affect how much money you can ultimately recover when your case is resolved.
Under the comparative fault system, you can recover compensation for your injuries as long as you’re not entirely to blame. Someone else just has to share fault – even just 1%. Let’s say you’re assigned 10% of the blame after an accident in New Port Richey because you were going slightly over the speed limit at the time of the wreck.
Between medical bills and the cost of repairing your car, you suffer $10,000 in damages. Under Florida’s comparative fault rules, you’ll be able to recover a maximum of $9,000.
Insurance companies love to use this rule to their advantage during the claims process.
Adjusters will attempt to shift as much – if not all – of the blame to you as they can. If you don’t fight back, well-deserved money can disappear before your eyes.
Our car accident attorneys in New Port Richey will stand up and defend you at every turn. We’ll work to neutralize these efforts and limit how much – if any – blame is ultimately assigned to you. The less fault assigned to you, the higher your payout.
How Much is My New Port Richey Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case will ultimately depend on a number of factors, such as:
- The extent and severity of your injury
- Whether you experience a disability (temporary or permanent)
- How your injury impairs your ability to work and/or earn an income to support yourself and your family
- How you’ve been affected emotionally and psychologically by the accident and the resulting harm
- How your injury has affected your ability to participate in and enjoy your life
Generally, the more catastrophic the injuries, the more a case is worth.
In Florida, car accident injury victims are typically able to recover both economic and non-economic damages. This can include money for:
- Present medical bills, including hospitalization, surgery, medication, and more
- Future medical expenses, including rehabilitation, therapy, and the cost of medical equipment
- Nursing care and support
- Lost income and wages
- Disability – temporary and/or permanent
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Depression, anxiety, and other emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Funeral and burial expenses, if a car accident is fatal
In limited situations, punitive damages might also be applicable.
At Roman & Gaynor, we’ll invest the time and resources that are necessary to determine what your case is worth. We’ll work closely with leading accident and injury specialists to ensure that we really understand the extent of your trauma and how your life has been and will be affected.
We’ll Fight to Maximize Your Recovery For All Crash-Related Injuries
Any injury resulting from a car accident in New Port Richey can turn your world upside down and have consequences for years to come. Our legal team will fight tirelessly to help you recover every last dollar you need and deserve for all of your injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Eye injury
- Back injury
- Neck and shoulder injury
- Spine injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Knee and leg injury
- Lost limbs
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Chest injury
- Wrongful death
- And more
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our qualified and compassionate attorneys for assistance after a crash. We understand that your world has fallen apart. We’re here to help you put the pieces back together. Give our law office in New Port Richey a call to schedule your free consultation to learn more today.
Statute of Limitations For Car Accident Lawsuits in New Port Richey, FL
Following a car accident in New Port Richey or Pasco County, FL, you’ll have a limited period of time in which you can assert your legal rights. The state of Florida imposes a strict four-year time limit on most personal injury cases. That time frame is cut in half if the accident was fatal and you are pursuing damages through a wrongful death action.
While there are some situations that might give you extra time to act, that’s the exception, rather than the rule.
Miss the applicable deadline and you’ll be barred from recovering any compensation at all.
Don’t let the compensation you deserve slip away because of a procedural technicality. Call Roman & Gaynor immediately after you get hurt and let our team handle your case from start to finish. We’ll fight to not only recover compensation on your behalf, but to secure a life-changing settlement or award in the process.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in New Port Richey, Florida?
The minutes, hours, and days after an unexpected car accident can be hectic and stressful. However, it’s important to know that the things you do and the decisions you make are critically important – for your health and financial future. Keep these things in mind if you’re involved in a crash:
- Remain as calm as you can
- Stay close to the scene of the accident, but move to a location where you’ll be safe until the first responders arrive
- Check to see if anyone else involved in the crash needs immediate medical attention
- Exchange insurance information with other parties
- Call the police and report the accident
- Cooperate with officers as they complete a preliminary investigation and write up a police report, but don’t apologize or admit fault
- Refuse to provide a written or recorded statement for an insurance provider
- Ignore early efforts by adjusters to get you to accept a lowball settlement offer and sign away your right to pursue additional compensation
- Direct all questions and conversations to your personal injury attorney
Finally, make sure that you call Roman & Gaynor. Collectively, our attorneys have more than 60 years of experience handling complex car accident matters like yours. We’ve successfully obtained more than $100 million in compensatory awards for accident victims and their families, and we’re here to fight to get similar results for you.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our New Port Richey Car Accident Lawyers
You deserve to have the opportunity to focus on getting better after an unexpected car accident in New Port Richey, FL. Don’t try to juggle your recovery with a complex and contested legal claim. Let the experienced New Port Richey car accident lawyers at Roman & Gaynor pursue compensation on your behalf. We offer a free initial case evaluation, so don’t delay in scheduling yours today.