Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Tampa
The majority of these crashes tend to happen around the most dangerous roads/intersections in Tampa.
As a driver in the Tampa Bay area, you should be aware of the dangers you face on the roads.
You should also understand your legal rights.
If you were injured in a car accident that someone else caused, don’t hesitate to call Roman & Gaynor today to explore options for recovering compensation.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help If I Was Hurt on One of Tampa’s Dangerous Roads or Intersections?
It’s not every day that you’re involved in a car accident. So it’s understandable that you might not know exactly what to expect if you were hurt.
If someone else caused the accident, you may have the right to compensation. But you can’t just demand compensation–you have to offer proof that someone else caused the crash.
Some roadways are just more dangerous than others. Any number of factors can contribute to the cause of a crash at a dangerous intersection. It can be hard to find out what happened if you don’t have much legal experience.
On the other hand, insurance companies handle injury cases every day. They know exactly how to find evidence to minimize the value of your claim. You deserve someone with similar experience in your corner. That’s where an experienced Tampa personal injury lawyer can help.
When you hire Roman & Gaynor, you’ll have a lawyer who will:
- Launch a detailed investigation to identify the cause of the crash
- Demand compensation from all responsible parties
- Fight back when the insurance company claims the accident was your fault
- Hire experts and specialists to support your injury claim
- Negotiate to get the most compensation available given the facts of your case
You may have the right to hold a negligent party liable for damages even if the scene of the accident is particularly dangerous. Call Roman & Gaynor today to learn more about how our Board Certified civil trial experts can help you fight for every dollar you deserve.
What Are the Most Dangerous Intersections in Tampa?
Intersections are particularly dangerous because there are so many things happening at once. Cars traveling in multiple directions meet at the intersection. It’s also the place where pedestrians and bicyclists wait to safely cross the street.
One Tampa road is home to several particularly dangerous intersections. Waters Avenue West is home to the three most dangerous intersections in Hillsborough County.
According to a study, the ten most dangerous intersections in Hillsborough County include:
- Sheldon Road at Waters Avenue West (107 crashes)
- Anderson Road at Waters Avenue West (103 crashes)
- Waters Avenue West at Hanley Road (98 crashes)
- Hillsborough Avenue West at Sheldon Road (96 crashes)
- 301 HW S at Gibsonton Drive (95 crashes)
- Waters Avenue at Himes Avenue North (89 crashes)
- 301 HW S at Big Bend Road (86 crashes)
- Bruce B. Downs Blvd at Fletcher Avenue East (84 crashes)
- Bloomingdale Avenue at Bell Shoals Road (82 crashes)
- Bloomingdale Avenue at Providence Road (81 crashes)
According to data provided by the Hillsborough County sheriff, dangerous intersections are spread far and wide across the Tampa Bay area. So why are there so many dangerous intersections in Tampa?
Reports show that average commuting time is getting worse throughout the Tampa area. U.S. Census data shows that around one in every five Tampa residents spends more than 45 minutes commuting to work. Around 117,000 Tampa residents spend over an hour getting to work each day–and then repeat that commute on the way home.
Congested roadways increase driver frustration. Of course, that makes it more likely that drivers will violate traffic laws to shave a few minutes off their commute–increasing the number of crashes overall.
Which Roads in Tampa Report the Highest Number of Severe Crashes?
Car accidents don’t only happen at intersections. Tampa is also home to some extremely dangerous stretches of road.
According to a Vision Zero Action Plan study that analyzed serious crash data between 2012 and 2016, here are the 20 most dangerous roads in the Tampa Bay area:
- Brandon Boulevard, from Falkenburg Road to Dover Road
- Gibsonton Drive, Boyette Road, Interstate 75 to Balm Riverview Road
- Hillsborough Avenue, Longboat Boulevard to Florida Avenue
- Fletcher Avenue, Armenia Avenue to 50th Street
- Dale Mabry Highway, Hillsborough Avenue to Bearss Avenue
- Lynn Turner Road, Gunn Highway to Ehrlich Road
- Meridian Avenue, Channelside Drive to Twiggs Street
- Bruce B. Downs, Fowler Avenue to Bearss Avenue
- 50th Street and 56th Street, Martin Luther King Boulevard to Hillsborough Avenue
- 15th Street, Fowler Avenue to Fletcher Avenue
- Big Bend Road, U.S. 41 to I-75
- U.S. 301, Interstate 75 to Adamo Drive
- Sheldon Road, Hillsborough Avenue to Waters Avenue
- Interstate 4, Interstate 275 to 22nd Street
- 56th Street, Sligh Avenue to Busch Boulevard
- Interstate 275, Howard Frankland Bridge to Busch Boulevard
- Kennedy Boulevard, Dale Mabry Highway to Ashley Drive
- 78th Street, Causeway Boulevard to Palm River Road
- Mango Road, Martin Luther King Boulevard to U.S. 92
- Florida Avenue, Waters Avenue to Linebaugh Avenue
Posted speed limits on these stretches of roadway range from 30mph to 55mph. Unfortunately, many of the dangers presented on these roads are significant for pedestrians and bicyclists–high-risk groups for all transportation-related injuries.
Hillsborough County is Home to One of America’s Most Dangerous Stretches of Highway
According to data provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) fatality analysis reporting system, the stretch of I-75 that runs through Hillsborough County is one of the deadliest in the nation. Between 2010 and 2016, 489 fatal crashes occurred on this stretch of roadway alone. 557 people lost their lives.
Research shows that drunk driving was a common cause of crashes on I-75 during the time period included in the study.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Accidents on Tampa Roads and Intersections?
Everyone has a duty to drive carefully and keep others safe. Unfortunately, driver error is one of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents. Some of the most common causes of crashes in Tampa include:
- Speeding to beat a red light
- Distracted drivers who fail to see other drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists on the roads
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to obey “no turn on red” signs
- Aggressive driving
- High speeds
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Unsafe left-hand turns
- Pedestrians and bicyclists walking into oncoming traffic
- Drunk driving
Distracted driving accidents have become extremely common across Tampa.
It makes sense–when people are spending more time in their vehicles, they’re more likely to be distracted by phones and other technology.
Regardless of how you were hurt, our personal injury attorneys at Roman & Gaynor can fight to win the full compensation you deserve. If someone else caused your accident, don’t hesitate to give us a call to learn more about your legal rights.
What Should I Do If I Was Hurt in a Tampa Car Accident?
It’s normal to feel shocked and overwhelmed if you were involved in a car accident. It’s also natural to want to protect your legal rights. There are certain things you can do to make it easier to file an injury claim once your injuries have been treated.
After a car accident, you should:
- Get emergency medical attention immediately if necessary
- Call the police and report the accident
- Check to see if anyone involved in the crash was hurt
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene if you can
- Look around to see if anyone saw the accident and obtain their contact information
- Call an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible
It can be difficult to get fair compensation even if the road or intersection has a reputation for being particularly dangerous. An experienced car accident lawyer can help you get the proof you need to back up your injury claim.
Ready to learn more? Call the law offices of Roman & Gaynor to schedule a free case review today.
How to Navigate Tampa’s Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections
It’s always important to be careful when you get behind the wheel.
If you know that you’ll be driving on one of Tampa’s most dangerous roads or intersections, it’s important to be extra cautious.
Always remain alert to your surroundings.
Avoid distractions like smartphones and vehicle entertainment systems.
You should also pay particularly close attention to posted speed limits and traffic signals–remembering that they’re put in place for a reason.
Remember, under Florida’s comparative fault rules, even accident victims can be held partly to blame if they contributed to the cause of the accident. That’s one reason why it’s always a smart idea to call an experienced attorney to help if you were seriously hurt in a crash.
Were You Hurt in a Crash on One of the Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Tampa? Call a Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation Today
You only have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit if you were hurt on one of the most dangerous roads/intersections in Tampa. Our experienced Tampa personal injury lawyers at Roman & Gaynor can help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Just give us a call today to arrange a free case evaluation with a lawyer who can help.