Tarpon Springs Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you were struck by a car in Tarpon Springs, Florida, you may have a legitimate personal injury claim. The compassionate personal injury lawyers at Roman & Gaynor may be able to help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Roman & Ganor has represented Florida individuals and families in personal injury cases for nearly 25 years. Indeed, our firm has won over $100 million in jury verdicts for our clients.
Our Tarpon Springs pedestrian accident lawyers can help you get back on your feet after your injury. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation on your Tarpon Springs pedestrian accident case.
How Roman & Gaynor Can Help You After a Tarpon Springs Pedestrian Accident
With 51 miles of waterfront, the “sponge capital of the world,” Tarpon Springs, FL, gets many visitors each year.
If you were injured in a pedestrian accident in Tarpon Springs, FL, our compassionate personal injury attorneys can maximize your compensation.
Whether you are filing a claim with insurance companies or need to file a lawsuit to protect your legal rights, the team at Roman & Gaynor can offer you much more than legal advice.
Here’s what you can expect if you trust us with your case:
- Approachable attorneys. Mark Roman & Morgan Gaynor are down-to-earth attorneys. We are available to our clients when needed, and you can come to us with any questions.
- In-depth investigation. To recover compensation for your pedestrian accident, it is critical to determine what caused your accident and identify the at-fault parties. We will perform a comprehensive investigation of the facts and circumstances of your case. We will collect police reports, surveillance videos, and witness interviews.
- We’ll Have Experts Working for You. We work with some of Florida’s leading experts, including accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, and financial analysts, to assist us in our cases.
- Award-winning Trial Lawyers with Proven Experience. Mark & Morgan are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is limited to attorneys who have won million-dollar verdicts and settlements. Our attorneys have also earned the Florida Bar Association’s designation of Board Certified civil litigation specialists. This professional designation is given to attorneys who have shown superior knowledge, skill, and proficiency in an area of law.
- Insurance Companies Know Us By Reputation. When we get involved with a case, insurance companies tend to negotiate more reasonable offers. Insurance companies know we are ready to take cases to trial, which is why we often reach favorable settlements for our clients.
Roman & Gaynor’s Tarpon Springs personal injury attorneys are ready to put their 60+ years of personal injury practice to work for you. Reach out to us today for a free consultation regarding your pedestrian accident case. Let us put our extensive experience and our strong reputation to work for you.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in Tarpon Springs, Florida?
With its Greek culture, sponge industry, and historic charm, Tarpon Springs attracts thousands of visitors each year. However, tourism has its downsides. In 2016, Florida was ranked second in the nation in pedestrian deaths, at 3.16 per 100,000 residents.
Between 2015 and 2019, approximately 131,200 collisions were reported in Pinellas County. Of those, 15% involved pedestrians, and 3% involved fatalities or severe injury.
How Much Can I Expect to Recover in a Pedestrian Accident Case?
That depends on the facts and circumstances of your case. An experienced Florida personal injury attorney at Roman & Gaynor can answer any questions you have about the value of your pedestrian accident case.
Here are a few factors that influence the total compensation available:
- The severity of your injuries (mild, moderate, catastrophic)
- Whether the injuries prevent you from working or limit your ability to work
- If your income earning capacity is limited by your injuries
- If your injuries caused a permanent disability
- Whether special medical equipment or intensive nursing care is needed
- Whether your injuries limit your ability to take care of yourself
When an injury leads to significant disruptions in a person’s daily life activities, you can expect to see greater compensation than otherwise would be available.
What Kinds of Damages Are Available to Pedestrian Accident Victims?
To make up for the injury caused by a pedestrian accident, an injury victim will receive damages.
Compensatory damages are designed to put you back into the situation you were in before the accident happened.
When you are involved in a pedestrian accident, you may have the following kinds of losses:
- Financial losses
- Physical losses
- Psychological harm
- Emotional harm
If someone else’s negligence caused your injuries, you may have a legitimate and legally enforceable claim for compensation, including economic and non-economic damages.
What Are Economic Damages?
Pedestrian accident victims may be able to recover for all of their economic damages. What are economic damages? Economic damages represent an injury victim’s actual financial loss.
Some losses that can be recovered as economic damages include:
- Ambulance transportation and emergency room costs
- Initial medical expenses and follow up treatment costs
- Lost wages for work missed for treatment or injury
- Loss of income earning capacity
To prove the value of these damages, an injury victim will need to collect documents like medical bills, pay stubs, and tax returns.
What Are Non-Economic Damages?
Non-economic damages are another category of damages available to pedestrian accident victims. What are non-economic damages? Non-economic damages are meant to make up for losses that are not monetary in nature.
These invaluable losses include:
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
Think about being unable to play with your children or grandchildren, not having the ability to be intimate with your spouse, or other impacts of permanent disabilities. While you can never truly be made whole, non-economic damages are intended to make up for these losses.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed for My Pedestrian Accident in Tarpon Springs, Florida?
You may still be able to recover compensation if you are being blamed for your pedestrian accident in Tarpon Springs, FL.
However, at Roman & Gaynor, we work with our clients to minimize any accusations of blame.
Here’s why: under Florida’s comparative negligence law, an injured victim’s compensation can be reduced by their share of the blame. Let’s say a jury assigns an injury victim with 25% of the blame for their pedestrian accident. If that pedestrian’s total damages were $100,000, their maximum recovery would be reduced by $ 25,000.
Since comparative negligence can reduce an insurance company’s liability, they often try to exaggerate blame or falsely accuse injury victims. We work hard to defend our clients and protect their right to maximum compensation.
Roman & Gaynor Will Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrians are vulnerable and almost entirely unprotected when struck by cars or trucks. Even low-speed collisions can result in a significant blunt force trauma to the pedestrian.
Some injuries sustained in pedestrian accidents include:
- Road rash
- Fractures, broken bones, and amputations
- Chest, back, leg, and pelvic injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries, swelling, and damage to the brain
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
To demonstrate the financial and emotional costs of injuries, Roman & Gaynor works with experienced medical and financial experts. Together, your legal team will appropriately value your damages and seek to hold the at-fault party accountable for their negligence. Call our elite Tarpon Springs pedestrian accident attorneys today for a free consultation.
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents in Tarpon Springs, FL?
The charming downtown streets of Tarpon Springs, FL are filled with tourists all year round. The busy deliveries at local restaurants and shipments of world-famous Tarpon Springs sponges often increase the trucks on Tarpon Springs’ roads. When you add in the local drivers on their daily errands, the streets and sidewalks of Tarpon Springs can be very busy.
With all the activity on Tarpon Springs streets, there could be numerous causes of pedestrian accidents, like:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Drug or alcohol-impaired driving
- Fatigued driving
- Adverse weather conditions
- Obstructed sightlines
- Malfunctioning traffic control devices or signs
You do not need to know what caused your pedestrian accident to have a legitimate claim for compensation. We can help investigate the causes of your accident and the parties responsible for compensating you for your losses.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Pedestrian Accident in Florida?
In Florida, injury victims have only four years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit. In wrongful death cases, the time limit is only two years. After these deadlines, which are called the statute of limitations, the right to recover compensation can be forever lost.
At Roman & Gaynor, our skilled Florida personal injury lawyers will ensure your case is filed on time and protect your right to recover.
Contact Our Tarpon Springs Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Today
If you are suffering from injuries after a pedestrian accident in Tarpon Springs, FL, you could be entitled to compensation. Reach out to our experienced Tarpon Springs pedestrian accident lawyers at Roman & Gaynor today to schedule your free case consultation.